Monday, November 30, 2020

November Blog

 

This month, I volunteered over 12 hours of community service at a non-profit grass roots organization called Southern Solidarity. I also wrote letters to my Dream catchers Pen Pal, in the months of October and November.
 
 As far as the organization Southern Solidarity,  they do a lot of good work locally for the community, they supply sanitation supplies, food and clothing to the homeless in Downtown New Orleans. I volunteered on Thanksgiving Day, filling box prepped meals and I was also able to be the lead driver for distribution of meals.  I really enjoyed helping out the community, and I have been blessed to work with a lot of genuine people who have a heart of giving and helping other people sincerely from their hearts. I assisted in filling plastic containers with turkey, soups and food. I also passed out water bottles and bought water bottles from Rouses Supermarket using my own resources. 
 
Southern Solidarity is a fairly new nonprofit organization that aims to  fill in the needs of individuals who have not garnered all the life support they need who have been displaced directly or indirectly from COVID-19. Its aimed and geared at helping those less fortunate in the community, started during the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic through local volunteers, like myself.  This program is important because many people in the New Orleans area are living under the poverty line, and have been directly affected from Covid-19 making their already dire situations even more challenging. 
 
Bringing light and action to these issues and supporting the community in the notion that, "Together, we will get thru this", It will keep New Orleans going strong in the right direction.

Regarding classes, I have been improving in a lot of areas. I think I have a great grasp on how to go about studying  for the exams. I made great strives this month and plan to keep going strong to maximize my potential. I am looking forward to Winter Break, to catch up on some good R & R. And I will be ready and primed when class begin in January.









No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2021 Blog Post

 Its been a great school year. Its been full of knowledgeable teachers with an encyclopedia wealth of intellect. I have really learned how t...